la

12/30/08

brrr

It's windy outside! very very windy lol.
So last night I was talking to one of my friends about resolutions. He totally rocked this past years resolution.. and is preparing for next years. I've never made any sort of resolution but he inspired me to give it a whack this year. I figure nye is tomorrow.. I might as well get cracking and come up with something good. His new resolution is to quit smoking... completely lol.. and while this should probably be mine too I figured it'd be lame if I just stole his for my first ever. I tried to come up with something cool, I wanted it to be fun but kept coming up with wicked gay ideas. At 3am this morning while staring at the wall wishing I was asleep I came up with something that I thought would work. It has the potential to cover all the boring things.. and some fun things so it could work out.
I decided to break it up so that it'd be easier on miss I lack motivation.. and have decided that once a month.. all year.. I should do something that I want to do, but have been otherwise hesitant or afraid of doing. Little things.. big things.. whatever. For instance I am terrified of trains.. but it would be way easier to go up to boston if I just got on a stupid train instead of having to deal with the annoying traffic (and people on bikes! omg.... I think they may be worse than the cars lol).
So now I just need to come up with 12 things.. I'm not sure if I should think them up all at once, or come up with a new idea each month.. we'll see. Maybe just come up with 3 month plans.. January do something fun that I weenied out of last week (yeh that was purposely vague lol), February maybe I can take the train.. March I can get that first tattoo I want (ok I really really do want to do this in march.. but I'm afraid I will weenie out .. again lol.. what better way to utilize my new resolution lol).
We'll see how it goes.. but I think it could totally rock ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh I hate making resolutions too...

But hip hip hooray for the tattoo!!! They really don't hurt that bad :) I have one that took three hours and I am a total weenie...if I can do it, you can do it!

Happy and safe New Year!

Tracy said...

I'm so bad with resolutions too, but you sound like you have a good plan to take baby steps towards them. I can't wait to hear the stories when you complete them.

Unknown said...

What a super cool resolution, La! I love it. You can really take this idea in any direction you want to make it work- you could even work in that smoking one- cold turkey for a month! :) Okay, that might be REALLY hard...maybe a week or two to start? Best of luck in all your new adventures!! :) Happy New Year!

Gina said...

I think that's a good start. I'm always bad at keeping my resolutions but I intend to this year. I say write out all 12 of them and keep them posted by your computer, if you want to change one in one of the months further ahead, just scratch it out and change it to something equally challenging!

Good Luck!

Brandy said...

Lol yeah I was afraid I'd weenie out on the tattoo one as well, but I didn't and am glad I didn't ha. I suck at resolutions but I think you've made an awesome one!

<3 ya!
Brandy