la

8/26/08

truthful tuesdays?

LOL well.. I dunno how open I'll ever get, but this was a suggestion from miss shawna. That doofy exterior of mine is usually just shielding all the bits I don't really want to talk about. I might give little snips here and there, when my anger has bubbled over usually LOL and god forbid I ever actually say anything outLOUD. hahaha That one will take a while. So who's with me for truthful tuesdays? I can't really go it alone.. (well I can, since this is well, my blog, and truthfully I am talking to myself.)

So let's start with something that a good number of people know about, but on the same hand I refuse to publicly talk about.
My version of the truth: I am fat and will always BE fat
The real Truth: I am doing GREAT and have lost 27.6 lbs so far.

The secret to my weight loss? Having my husband leave me, pumpkin seeds, Billy Banks and luna bars hahaha. I have those 4 to thank for my success thus far. I have the first to thank for why I got so big to begin with (and myself of course, we can not put all the blame on the man can we? ) Depressed, not caring about anything anymore, whatever you want to call it I was there. I am never going back there either. Ever.

I decided to actually take shawna up on her truthful tuesdays today because I woke up, got dressed and all that rarahrah.. looked in the mirror, and for the first time, in a really really long time, I felt good about myself. Now, I am still fat- I know it's a dirty word- but I have come so far. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally (here comes the gay talk) and I actually am proud of myself on some level. I keep telling people that I want the old la back.. the la from 5 years ago before I started down this path...... but you know what, I don't really want her back. The new la, is going to be 10 times stronger than her... THAT old la, lead me down that path, she obviously wasn't as great as I seem to think she was ;) I can't wait (I know I have to LOL) till I am fully past this phase of my life and I can look back and say damn.. I DID it, I did it on my own and I did it WELL. :)

I know this isn't like earth shattering La truths.... haha, but it's a truth in myself that I need to accept and realize, and those truly are the most important now aren't they ;) I'm a ways off from my FINAL goal still, but I'm 18lbs away from my first goal- and that sounds great :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the la i know I LOVE - you ARE strong and beautiful and capable and you SHOULD be proud.

YAY for truthful tuesdays! :) I love you!

~Julie said...

Hey La!
Congrats on your weightloss! You are going to be one HOT mama!... wait, I'm sure you are ALREADY one hot mama! You know it's in the attitude, right? (hug)
~Julie Billingsley

Nikki said...

I think that the husband leaving is a good weight loss program for a lot of women! My friend's husband left her and she lost like 70 pounds -- after she remarried, she gained it all back -- lol!

I am so glad that you shared this - a piece of you unknown to me until now. :)

I agree with Julie -- attitude wise -- you are already a HOT mama!!!

Angie said...

No matter how much weight I lose, I still only see the fat parts.

If my husband left I'd probably lose weight, since I wouldn't be able to afford food. LOL

Unknown said...

I'm always so amazed by you La-You are a wonderful designer, an awesome person and I even consider you to be a great friend in this crazy digi-scrapping world.
I want you to know that at a time in my life when I was the lowest I can remember, you were there for me and that my friend shows me your character.
I'm so proud of you with your weight loss, your commitment to Ce, and your strength to turn your life around and make the negatives positive.
Love ya girl...LOVE YA!

Amanda said...

You are an inspiration!

Mandy K. said...

You are so awesome! I love that you are growing stronger and taking it day by day!
You are totally inspiring me right now, you know.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! However...I'm bringing chubby backhttp://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/inspiration/showphoto.php?photo=52227&ppuser=4470 in a big way!

Jennifer said...

What an inspiring post! Congrats on the loss and on being proud of yourself! :)

Lukasmummy said...

(((((hugs)))) hopefully one day you will love you as much as Ce loves you. Good luck sweetie. Hugs Crystal xxx

Anonymous said...

oh, La...you and my sister could talk...I compliment her on how hot she looks, and she says "You too could lose 20 pounds in a flash, you just have to have your husband have an affair and leave you"!
I think she's incredible, and that you are too! Good luck keeping going on the journey, and finding that inner satisfaction. We all think you're awesome!

Corey said...

La, you are a wonderful, beautiful, caring person and a great mama to to Ce. He's lucky to have you. and WOW on your weightloss! You go, girl!